Lessons Learned: How NOT to cook a Turducken

I think the number one problem with the Tur-duck-hen was treating it like cooking any old turkey. I have a tendency to do that, just sort of figure 'how hard could it possibly be?' and not pay too much attention to the project. So here are some lessons learned, I wont post a picture of the thing, too sad.

Examine and wash each bird the minute you get home from the butcher. I left it until Christmas morning, if I hadn't, I would have realized that holding it together was going to be a problem.
Because it is deboned, the meat is going to be sort of flavorless unless you season it very very well, well beforehand. I simply salted it but I think it should have been dry brined or otherwise coated in herbs and salt.
Know your oven. I used the one in my parents house, which does run hot. Years of the Father cooking at 'incinerate' seem to have broken the thermostat.
If it smells like it is burning, it is. I kept attributing this to random leftover grease in the oven.
Find and use a recipe. We were trolling the internet for information on Christmas morning with the kiddos running around our feet playing with their new toys. NOT conducive to precision.
The stuffing has to be kind of dry, omit it all together. Duck is greasy. Your stuffing will soak up all the duck grease.
Tur-duck-hen is expensive. It cost us about $90 to make a big pot of soup.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I did, in spite of the mess.