Fruit Crumble

Every single time I make fruit crumbles I wonder to myself why I am not making them every single day. The answer, of course, is that I would prefer to remain just plump rather than cross over into grotesque obesity. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to guess that a daily breakfast of fruit crumble will rapidly get me there...

Beautiful crumblescape...

Apple crumble:
1/2 cup flour + 1tbsp
1/2 cup oats
1 stick of butter (very cold)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp white sugar (if desired)
1/2 tsp of whatever spices you want (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger)
about 2 cups of fruit (apples, blueberries, plums, apricot, pear etc. etc.)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Generously grease a 9" tart pan. In a large bowl combine your fruit with the extra spoons of flour and sugar, toss to coat.
In a small bowl, fork sift flour, oats, brown sugar & spice. Use a pastry cutter or just a knife and fork to cut-in the butter until your mixture is small pea-size chunks of flour & butter. Work fast so the butter doesn't get too warm. If you have a lot of dry flour that isn't incorporating well, you can add a tbsp of maple syrup or honey to help it along.
Evenly layer your fruit in the tart pan, top with butter & flour mixture. Bake for about 45 minutes, until fruit is bubbly. Serve hot with ice cream or cold for breakfast. Grow fat & happy.

Fruit combinations:
Cortland Apple and Cranberry
Blueberry Plum
Green Apple Raspberry
Pear Raspberry
Oh, I could go on all day... you get the idea.

Martha Stewart's Apple Brown Betty
Apple crumble search results on Cooks.com
World's Healthiest foods 'suspension of disbelief' no butter cobbler
101 Cookbooks Cherry Cobbler (& Best looking...)