Drinking to excess...



Like most ex-pats in Dubai, I probably drink too much. There's something about this place, the heat, the expense of everything, flower prints and the large numbers of bored housewives... that makes it feel a bit like 1955. Now there are no photos of me on Facebook with my dress up around my knickers, and I'm not a danger to myself or others, but its become something of a regular habit.
I've got this delicious bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream sitting on top of my fridge, about 16 bottles of wine (DH went to Italy 3x in December) plus vodka and beer. So maybe I'll start cooking with it, just to use some up...
Most cake recipes that call for Bailey's involve substituting it for the water in a yellow cake mix, which I suppose is inappropriate for a five year old's birthday party (coming up soon...). I could add it to a cheesecake or make truffles out of it, have to think about this....
Wine is easier, can start adding red to anything with tomato in it... Ground beef cooked with garlic and onions and a generous splash of red wine can be used for all kinds of things, especially good mixed with anchovy and spooned on french bread slices..
White wine mixed with stock and savories is good for poaching fish and chicken.
And a shot of vodka can be added to pink sauce to give it a little bite... click for recipe...
Suppose I wont be having too many Muslim friends over to dinner for a while...