Pesca pesca pesca

Thursday is the beginning of the Arabic weekend. As such, I decided to make fish tonight. I know that I am supposed to eat fish on Fridays because that is what Catholics do, but I have to say the association for me is more with a fish dinner starting the weekend than it is with Friday, the day in particular.
I used to love to come home to the parent's house on Friday nights when I was working and still living with them. I would be handed an enormous glass of wine by my mother and a beautiful bowl of linguini and clams by my dad followed by a slab of codfish cooked in a very particular way. (Which if any of you know how to do it, please tell me, I cannot remember...)
So, tonight I made fish.
I had 3 good sized pieces of white fish, 500g or 1lb. Not sure exactly what, maybe haddock? from the co-op. This afternoon, I put it in a baking dish with a bit of olive oil in the bottom and covered the fish with a tomato-basil pesto (basically throw a jar of pesto into the blender with a couple of fresh tomatoes and an extra clove of garlic or two). Baked it in the oven for about 20min at 200C.
Served it with some vegetables and aglio olio. Anchovy, garlic and oil sauce because there is no way on earth I'm going to eat warm water clams (hepatitis specials). This is one of those things that if you are familiar with the quahog, you will have sympathy for me. If you aren't, just write me off as an insane Italian/American. Tomorrow maybe I will tell you what to do with quahogs if you are so lucky as to have access to them...