Nearly healthy chocolate chip cookies.

So I've been mostly vegetarian for the last four days on the recommendation of a friend because I wasn't feeling so hot. A large component of this is mental, I am totally depressed, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have a go at the physical part. And guess what? I feel fantastic. Truly, I'm sleeping better, I'm actually eating less but I dont feel particularly deprived and a lot of the little pains I've experienced are going away.
I'm sold on the whole mostly vegetarian thing and I might try to quit dairy products altogether.
Tonight the boys wanted a treat after their dinner of sesame buckwheat noodles, steamed vegetables and seared tofu (which they ate!). So I made these nearly healthy chocolate chip cookies.

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sesame butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat bran
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together butters and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, beat well with a spatula. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and fork sift. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and blend well. Add chips. Roll dough into a roughly 2" thick loaf. Slice into 2 doz. cookies. Bake for about 15 minutes or until dry. They expand a bit, but not too much so watch them carefully for done-ness. They get nice and crispy when cool.