Birthday Party snacky bits...

Its my husband's birthday, so we're having a party. I knew I was in trouble when I was told that the guest list was being 'tabulated'. This party was supposed to be like a party we went to a couple of weeks ago which had 4! couples, but somehow 25 people have been invited to my house tonight! I don't have a maid anymore so what the h$&# am I supposed to do here....
Man's infinite capacity for clue-less-ness kinda blows my mind, really.


My goal with the food was to avoid having to do dishes so everything was either small enough that you could just pop it into your mouth or served on a skewer or slice of bread...

Hot Snacky bits-
Hot dogs- seared in a pan, rolled up in Lebanese Flat bread with some mustard and carmelized onions. Secure with toothpicks, slice. Everyone loves these.
Chicken skewers- Marinate chicken bits in yogurt, tandoori masala, chili powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Skewer with tomato and onion, broil.
Cheese tarts- blend soft cheese, sundried tomato, herbs, salt and pepper with an egg, scoop into muffin cups lined with puff pastry, bake. Eat.

Cold Snacky bits-
Skewer tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves with a toothpick. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle salt & pepper.
Mix well drained tuna with way too much mayo, capers, chopped tomato salt and pepper. Serve on slices of French bread.
Shrimp cocktail. If you cant get horseradish for cocktail sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, salt and pepper makes an acceptable substitute.

Veggie and hummus platter
Fruit platter.

Plus some other stuff I cant remember right now...

For Birthday Cake we had a 15 layer Russian Honeycake. Spinney's sells these. They are the most delicious cake I've had, maybe ever. I decorated it with sugared currants and blackberries.
A friend who is Italian and therefore cannot go anywhere without too much food, brought a tiramisu and some Dunkin' Donuts for the children.